The Items You Need:
1. Material of your choice
2. Old lampshade
3. Lamp base
5. Hot Glue Gun
6. Glue Sticks
1. Gather the Materials that you will use to recover the lampshade.
|Here's what I started with: 1 pair of old blue jeans,|
a lamp base, and lampshade.
|I thought I'd use these old blue jeans that|
my son Giovonnie cut up for the material to cover the lamp .
(I've been holding on to them for weeks)
|Cutting the legs off of the jeans, then to the size of the lampshade.|
I cut these in different sections to cover the shade properly.
I also cut the bottom hem of the jeans off, to make a
finished edge on the top of the lamp shade.
3. Spray the Spray Adhesive on the back of the Fabric.
4. Place the Fabric onto the lampshade, line up the bottom edge and smooth over so that there are no bumps in the cloth.
|I used the inside seem of the jeans as the finished edge for the|
bottom of the lamp shade.
6. Aline and hot glue the edges, so they stay in place.
7. If you used jeans: Cut a back Pocket around the edge (leaving it a pocket).
|The pocket can be used to store pens, bookmarks,|
or other little things.
|Here's how my Lamp Revamp turned out.|