Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Havoc



Lt. to Rt.: Andrew is Jet, Giovonnie is Sokka (wolf warrior), Lexi is Katara,
 Royce is Aang (The Avatar and Last Air bender), and Spencer is  Prince Zuko.



The hood Pattern for
Giovonnie's helmet.

 The past few weeks have been a bit crazy in my house! Somehow, I was roped into making Halloween costumes for my two older boys, and my niece and nephews who live near us. (I was supposed to make costumes for my husband, brother-in-law, and youngest son too, but I ran out of time and had to nix them.) It maybe would have been a bit easier if I hadn't had to create my own pattern for each costume, but I couldn't find any that were already made. Joe did end up lending a hand in the last costumes for our niece and nephew cutting out material, and pinning it together, along with some good advice. Anyhow, the big idea was that they would all dress like the characters from the cartoon Avatar, The Last Air bender (Here is a site about the cartoon and some of the characters: http://www.nick.com/shows/avatar/characters/iroh.html). Over all the costumes turned out pretty good; however only, one guy admitted to knowing who they were supposed to be.

Giovonnie, Lexi, Andrew, Gannon, Royce, and Spencer.


Jet (Andrew), Sokka (Giovonnie), Katara (Lexie), Aang (Royce), and Zuko (Spencer)


The Gang Trick-or-Treating

Gannon ended up being the lion, which was a costume I had bought for Royce when he about one yrs old (that would make the costume about 10 yrs old now), Giovonnie wore it too at one point. Almost every door that opened complemented him on how cute of a lion he was and would give him extra candy in his Halloween bucket.



Gannon and Daddy (Joe), Trick-or-Treating.

Riding in the back of the pick-up, looking up at the stars.

Halloween Pizza Party at Uncle Scott and Aunt Melissa's house.
 After Trick-or Treating we finished out the night with a pizza party. The kids had so much fun, and I'm glad that they had a good night together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...