Friday, May 27, 2011

Mother's Day Blessings

Wow, things are really getting started now that school has ended. I almost feel busier trying to get summer schedules settled; who goes where and when and for what. Joe with work, starting his workout routine again, Hull Legion Meeting, and Boy Scouts (with extra marching practices for the upcoming Memorial Day Service/ and Parade). Royce is running himself ragged this summer by adding little league, swimming lessons, and a babysitting course to his activities, as well as posting signs for Pet Sitting. Giovonnie will be starting Summer Reading Program (that's our summer school here), and swimming lessons, but he opted out of little league. He says he'll maybe join next year, but wants to help Royce with pet sitting. We'll see how that all goes. This last month, has consisted of quick meals, such as sandwiches, and frozen pizzas.  And although we've been super busy, and I had to work on Mother's Day, the boys took time to treat me special the day before.


Giovonnie made me this beautiful paper flower at school.
We picked one of my colorful tumblers out to set it in.
Now it's on the table next to my bed.


Royce wrote me this great card. It's so
nice to know that I'm appericated.
 I chose to go to Sioux Falls to a place called Dakota Glass, a glass art studio. On the way there, we stopped at DQ to Eat. The older boys were able to choose a project made of fused glass to make such as night-lights, plates, or pendants. Both the boys chose to make pendants. They were able to make three pendants each, at $15.00 per person. Joe walked around the store/studio with Gannon while I worked with (more so watched) the boys, create some pendants after an older woman showed us how to cut the glass and break it. Both the boys liked cutting and breaking glass. We then left all the pendants there, so that they could be fused in the kiln. Then on the way back we hit DQ again for dessert....mmm, blizzards! Then after we got home Joe when and picked up my niece Lexi to babysit, so that we could go out for dinner, just the two of us. I chose the Mexican Restaurant here in town. I have to say it was delicious!


Anyhow, I went back to Dakota Glass on the following Monday to pick the pendants the boys made.


These are the pendents Royce made for me.

These are the ones Giovonnie created for me.
When the lady that was working that day found out that two young boys made them she acted surprised and said, "Boy's made these? Oh, my...I thought they were made by teenage girls. How old are your boys?" I told her 8 and 10, and her response was, "Wow, they did a really nice job." I think so too, and it was nice that they both chose to make these for me because they could have chosen anything, and they could have made them for themselves. My only request was to go and make something fun with them, to spend time with them doing something that I would enjoy.  It was a very special day for me. "Thank you, Joe, and my wonderful wonderful boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...